Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thrifty Thursday...Cooling Rack For Earrings

The organizing continues at our house. As I mentioned in previous posts, our daughters are home from college and lots of "stuff" invades the house. Purging is the word of the week, but sometimes purging doesn't work when I keep some of their things for myself!!

They clean out and I keep their hand me downs, so not really a purge but more of a rearranging!! One clean out project yesterday was Kelsie's old jewelry drawer. I have my own jewelry organized in a drawer in plastic bins, but when I kept some of her earrings that have the wire hooks, I needed a different way to display them so I can see them better.

Baking cooling rack to the rescue...

baking cooling rack

Let's see how easy this is to do...

You can buy a new baking cooling rack in discount stores very inexpensively.

baking cooling rack

Some have little legs on them, so that might cause them to stand away from the wall.

baking cooling rack

I hung mine on the end of a shoe organizing cabinet, so I couldn't nail into it. I just used two 3M adhesive hooks.

baking cooling rack

These hooks were shallow so the rack hung better with the little legs facing out. Adjust yours according to the hooks or nails you use.

baking cooling rack


baking cooling rack

The wire earrings hang perfectly and are so easy to see now.

baking cooling rack

The wire earring just hooks onto the grid of the cooking rack.

Make sure the grid is wide enough to hook your earrings.

baking cooling rack
  

You can be thrifty and buy one in a discount store, but I've also seen them in yard sales and thrift stores or if you don't bake anymore use the one in your kitchen!!

Have a Very Thrifty Thursday,
~Karen~


Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,How did you know??!!My daughter has been going through all her jewelry just yesterday and some of her bulky earrings and necklaces just don't fit!!!This is a really great tip and I'll be off to look for one later!!!
    Thank you and have a great weekend!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done something similar with hooks for hanging long strings of beads and jewellery on the backs of my wardrobe doors but I had not thought of this for earrings. A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea :)



    http://projectochic.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized. I need you for a week at my house!! lol. I lack storage space which can be really frustrating.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, thanks so much, I need to do this right after I get done glamping this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, are this sticky hooks strong enough or will they give away over time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using an old Whitman's Chocolates Box. The dividers for the individual chocolates made a good place for earrings. I absolutely love your idea and am going to rush out and buy a cooling rack! Thanks for the terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Looks like it will hold a lot of earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is a very clever idea. My earrings are getting all in a muck, and I have been wanting an organizing method.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to do this for sure!! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea. For my necklaces, I used a corkboard and coloured pushpins. You can adjust them to suit the length of your necklaces - when I have a set of necklace and earrings, I made little bags for them and loop them over the pushpins over the necklace - this way I never have to search for the set. In the case of my earrings, I use the plastic inserts for hors d'oeuvres. You can stack them and I like that I can put stud earrings or wire backs in the same containers. Just another idea for consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I racked my brain (no pun intended) over storing my daughters' post earrings and came up with the idea to use a colander! I got a cute little turquoise one at Ross and it works perfectly! Love this idea for when they get older and have more dangly earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant.
    Karen, I am working my way through your 'organizing' posts and have pinned so many of them, and many more have made me go "aha! such a good idea!" There's plenty of inspiration here for my craft room, when I eventually get one!!

    Karen Tippett
    (nanatipsycreates.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I really love this idea. I think I will adopt it and also put in some hanging hooks for my necklaces to hang off of. It will fit perfectly on my bathroom door. Thank you so much. I just love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again. One of the things I like about this idea. This will make it so easy to get the earrings off even with my arthritic fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails